St. Michael the Archangel School Mission Statement
In partnership with the family, St. Michael the Archangel, a PreK-8th grade elementary school, nurtures students to develop strong Catholic values while achieving academic excellence. Striving to foster the uniqueness of each child, the dedicated faculty and staff encourage an environment where all children believe they are created and loved by God. We aspire to model young adults who embody the Christian principles of morality and spirituality to become our leaders of tomorrow.
Nurturing Students. Challenging Minds. Inspiring Faith-Filled Leaders.
St. Michael the Archangel Belief Statement
We believe that…
- All children have innate individual talents. Each child approaches learning in a personal and unique manner.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children. The pastors, faculty, and staff collaborate with the parents to develop the whole child.
- Children learn best in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Our school’s Code of Respect, which encompasses values and virtues essential to Christian living, sets a standard guideline for acceptable behavior by all member of the school community. The code is displayed in the classrooms.
- Catholic school educators dedicate themselves to the academic, moral, and spiritual instruction of the students and present themselves as caring role models of Christian adulthood.
- Educators design instruction to be developmentally appropriate to the grade level in which it is presented and adapt instruction to individual learning styles.
- Promoting stewardship and a love of learning prepares each student to be a life-long learner and steward of this world.
- Participation in religious instruction, prayer, devotions, and the Sacraments, particularly the celebration of the liturgy, prepares each child to take his/her place as a Church leader of tomorrow.
- A thorough study of the Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes provides children with a solid foundation to develop and demonstrate positive social attitudes and ethical behavior within society.
- A physical education program that combines aspects of cooperation, teamwork, school spirit and personal development promote the physical and emotional well-being of each student.
- A spiritual academic institution with instruction in music, fine arts, library skills, foreign language, technology, and physical education completes the educational experience of each student.