Each year St. Michael the Archangel School welcomes new students in grades K-8 during open enrollment period. Students admitted to Pre K must be four (4) years of age by October 15. Students admitted to Kindergarten must be five (5) years of age by October 15 and students admitted to First Grade must be six (6) years of age by October 15.
Kindergarten- 8: Required information at the time of registration includes:
- Birth Certificate
- Record of immunizations
- Baptismal Certificate (unless affiliated with St. Joseph or Assumption Parishes) (if applicable)
- Registration Fee
- Textbook Loan Form
- Transportation Form
Transfer Students: Must also provide the following:
- Academic records for last full academic year and most recent marking period
- Standardized test results
- Any other formal testing results (psychological, learning, etc.)
The students and their parent(s) will attend an interview with the Principal, Head Teacher, and/or classroom teacher. (if requested by school administration)
A review of records will be performed by School Administration and, if accepted, a Letter of Acceptance will be sent along with a “Records Release Request Form”. This form and letter must be signed and returned to St. Michael the Archangel School prior to admission.
A non-refundable application fee of $150.00 per child in grades 1-8 is required at the time of registration. For students enrolling in Kindergarten, an application fee of $150.00 is due with the application. This fee includes the Kindergarten Readiness Screening fee of $30.00. If the child is not deemed ready for Kindergarten, the application fee will be refunded minus the screening fee. A non-refundable re-registration fee is then required each subsequent year during the re-registration period.
St. Michael the Archangel School gives preference in admission in the following priority manner:
- Parish members with siblings attending the school
- Parish members with no children in the school
- Catholics from other parishes with children in the school
- Catholics from other parishes with no children in the school
- Non-Catholics with siblings in the school
- Non-Catholics with no children in the school