Volunteer Clearance Requirements
All volunteers at St. Michael the Archangel School are required to adhere to the State of Pennsylvania and the Diocese of Allentown Volunteer guidelines. Please click on the link(s) below to review the policies and documents necessary to volunteer. If you have any questions related to this procedure, feel free to contact Mrs. Spehalski at 610.625.2748, or email@example.com
All volunteers who interact with children are now required to complete items 1, 2, 3, 7, and 8 every five (5) years. Items 4 and 5 are needed if the policies are updated.
- FBI Criminal Background Fingerprint Check
- PA Child Abuse History Certificate
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check. When doing the PA Criminal Record Check, you will be asked for a volunteer organization name and phone number. Reply with Diocese of Allentown and the main phone number: 610 871-5200.
- Signed Acknowledgment form for Diocese Sexual Abuse Policy
- Signed Acknowledgment form for Diocese Code of Conduct
- Protecting God’s Children attendance certificate (one time attendance)
- Certificate from Mandated Reporting Training
- Child Protective Services Law Policy
- Motor Vehicle Report – only if driving youth
- FBIFingerprint Instructions. Go to https://uenroll.identogo.com to preregister and schedule an appointment. An appointment is required. The PDE Volunteer code for school volunteers is 1KG6Y3. After having the prints taken, provide a copy of your receipt to Mrs. Spehalski for verification.
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance: Go to:https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home. Simply create an account to get started.
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check: Go to: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp Click on the “New Record Check” Volunteers Only button to get started.
- Diocesan Sexual Abuse Policy Acknowledgment Form: Use the link below to obtain the form.
- Signed Acknowledgment form for Diocese Code of Conduct: Use the link below to obtain the form.
Acknowledgement Form: Code of Conduct CodeConductAcknowlegementForm-English4 2 19.pdf
- Protecting God’s Children – If you have not yet attended a workshop, visit the diocesan website for a current class schedule:allentowndiocese.org. Pre-registration is required at most classes so be sure to call ahead. A copy of your attendance certificate must be submitted to Mrs. Spehalski.
- For the Mandated Reporter Training, visit the following website: reportabusepa.pitt.edu. Simply register to begin the course requirements. Keep a copy of your certificate and provide a copy to Mrs. Spehalski. NOTE: You do not have to do this training session in one sitting. The site allows you to come back and begin where you left off.
- Child Protective Services Law Policy: Child Protective Services Law Flowchart.pdf
Acknowledgment Form: Child Protective Law Form.pdf
- Motor Vehicle Report: This form is only applicable if you are driving children as a school-designated chaperone; therefore, it will not be applicable at St. Michael the Archangel School.
Please submit all documents to Mrs. Spehalski’s attention in care of the middle school office. If you wish to deliver the documents in person, her office is located in the Assumption Rectory.
Please note: If you volunteer for CYO and also St. Michael the Archangel School, Mary Williams (ABVM Rectory) and Mrs. Spehalski (St. Michael School) will work together to avoid duplication.
We realize this is an enormous task to accomplish in order to volunteer within our school and/or parish community, but our efforts are ultimately for the protection, safety, and well-being of the children entrusted to our care. We appreciate your willingness to volunteer at our school and thank you for ensuring we are in compliance with the requirements set forth by the State of Pennsylvania and the Diocese of Allentown.