The extended care program is offered at the elementary school location only for grades K-4.
Our morning extended care program is held from 7:30 A.M.-8:15 A.M. and after school care is held from 3:15 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.
The yearly registration fee for each student is $20.00 (non-refundable). The hourly rate is $7.25 per child, per hour and is calculated to the next nearest 15 minute period. Parents will receive an invoice for informational purposes; however the total amount will be billed monthly and paid through FACTS.
We require all children to be registered for extended care before being admitted to the program (2017-2018 registration forms are available in the elementary school office). Once registered, a copy of your child’s 2017-2018 emergency card will be kept with the extended care facilitators.
Morning extended care is held in the Pre K classroom, and drop-offs & pick-ups take place at the outside door to this classroom. Other than registration, previous notice is not required for the morning care program. Upon arrival, students may sit and engage in quiet activities until it is time to report to the gymnasium with their classmates. There is no morning care offered on days when we have a delay.
After school extended care takes place in the Preschool classroom. Pick-ups take place at the Preschool door. Your child’s teacher requires a notice in writing that your child should be put into after school care, or you must call the office before 3:00 P.M. to have him/her sent to after care that day. The After Care Program is not available on half days or any day when the school dismisses early.
Guidelines for After School Care
- Students may bring snacks for After Care, which will be enjoyed from approximately 3:15-3:30 PM.
- Students will have time for group play from 3:30-3:45.
- Time will be given to complete homework from 3:45 PM until completed. Students who finish early or who are without work will remain quiet while the others complete their work. Students should bring books or a silent activity from home for the time when they do not have homework to complete.
- After the majority of students have completed homework, activities for the day will start. For example: movies, arts & crafts, games. Electronics are permitted but sharing of them is prohibited. G-rated movies & games from home are also allowed.
- School rules still apply in After Care. There will be consequences for misbehavior. The first offense will be a “time out” without any play or activities for 5-10 minutes depending on the severity of misbehavior. If behavior does not improve, parents and principal will be notified.
- If a student is not picked up by 5:30 PM, we will call the name listed on your child’s emergency card, and so on, until we are able to reach someone. St. Michael the Archangel School reserves the right to charge an additional fee to any family whose child is not picked up by the program’s stated end time.
- Any student who leaves school early, or who is engaged in extra-curricular activities including but not limited to CYO activities, Boy/Girl Scouts, choir, etc., may not then enter the After Care Program. Students are also not permitted to leave After Care to engage in any of these activities without a written note given to the After Care director, and he or she must be accompanied by a designated adult to the activity. This is for the safety of your child, and no exceptions will be made.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the elementary school office at 610-965-4441.